This is a space where I write about subjects, topics and my opinions related to sustainable living. I found an avenue into this theme during my years in education, where I came across the idea of vertical farming, and used this as the topic for several of my assignments.
As part of those activities, I created a blog, called Farming Upward, where I wrote about several topics, including some of the top level ideas behind vertical farming, on how their application is broader than just growing food, and how the ideology that goes into a vertical farm could be applied to the bigger picture – creating eco-cities.
I’ve transferred those blog posts here to this site, and I will continue to contribute new posts here as well. Enjoy!
- Where we are & where we could go…
- Anatomy of a Vertical Farm
- Vertical Farming Technologies
- More than just food… Part 1
- More than just food… Part 2
- Farming Insects for Food
- Vertical Farming for the home
- Vertical Farming & The Internet of Things
- Vertical Farming+ : The Eco-City – Part 1
- Vertical Farming+ : The Eco-City – Part 2